Harley Davidson Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
i get one or two a year. a speeding ticket once or twice a year is one or two hundred bucks. considering the cost of everything else it's a reasonable operating expense.
A speeding ticket once or twice a year may only cost a few hundred bucks in fines, but will eventually cost you a a lot more in insurance premiums once your insurer finds out about them, premiums on every vehicle you have insured will go up.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,075 Posts
Been pulled over a few times, once on the bike too. I view it this way. Tell the officer the truth, even if your wrong, there is no way on this earth your gonna come up with anything he/she hasn't already heard. As a result of the times I've been pulled over, I've got two tickets and two warnings. Last ticket I was in the cage heading to a bike rally.. got popped by an officer on a bike..

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Last ticket I was in the cage heading to a bike rally.. got popped by an officer on a bike..
That's what you get for going to a bike rally in a cage.

·
Proud Infidel
2,595 Posts
I got stopped twice on my old shovel. First time got me doing 55 in a 35. Pissed me off cause I was still in second gear. City police so paid fine and no record.

Second time I had rinsed her off at the car wash and was blow drying it off on the way home. Passed a trooper and saw him hit the lights. By the time he turned around and got to me, I had my helmet off and was smoking a cig. He asked if I knew why he pulled me over. Since my Speedo cable was broke I told him no. That's when he said he clocked me going 70 in a 55. I said "No sh!t! I didn't think the ol' girl still had it in her!"

He found it amusing enough to let me go with a warning.

I'm just here for the beer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got one in Georgia in car. 85 in 60 zone. Also getting around a Truck race going 50 for 10 miles.
Now im a "Super Speeder". Along with the $180 ticket got letter to pay SS fees of $450 to allow me to drive in Georgia. Also insurance went up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm in the club now. First ticket on a bike in 31 years. Doing 95 in a 65. Wrote the ticket for careless and reckless, which would be worse than a speeding ticket, but I can dodge it easy. Lawyer guy I know will take care of it. What kinda chapped my ass was the fact that I had the tag holder folded outta the way because I bumped it in the garage. Wrote me a warning for not properly displaying plate. Really? Anyway, I'm a bad boy lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
Got pulled over July 4th in mama's red 2017 Mustang convertible. I was doing 80 in a 55. First time in over 25 years. I have never been pulled over on a bike. Amazing odds. Anyways, got a warning from the State Trooper.

·
old scoot coot
2,890 Posts
i dont speed exessively but i speed always. if i get less than one a year which is usually the case and most of those are money raising speed traps that don't report. also on bike i get warnings more. if i have to pay an occasional fine no big deal. i did not buy a road hog to be passed by cages on the slab or secondary roads for that matter, i got the hog so i could pass most everyone else!:grin

·
Registered
37,171 Posts
Got pulled over July 4th in mama's red 2017 Mustang convertible. I was doing 80 in a 55. First time in over 25 years. I have never been pulled over on a bike. Amazing odds. Anyways, got a warning from the State Trooper.
If you didn't get a ticket, it didn't happen... :D

61 - 69 of 69 Posts