Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of riders in Wisconsin this week as Harley and dealers have labor day weekend rally/events...
Rider and female passenger reported as dead today on Hwy 33 due to a blown rear tire.
Neither was wearing a helmet...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Unfortunate.
Disclaimer: (I am not trying to start a "I wear a helmet,I don't wear a helmet" war.)
I just saw where the OP stated they were not wearing helmets.
Not wearing a helmet is a personal choice.
Adults know the risk of not wearing one.(statistically)
Prayers to them and especially to family and friends left behind.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I always hate to hear about someone dying on a bike. I'm not trying to speculate, brand new tires can blow out. But we all need to keep a close eye on our tires and our brother's tires. I have a rule at my house, if your tires look bad, your not riding it home. We'll put it in the trailer.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I always hate to hear about someone dying on a bike. I'm not trying to speculate, brand new tires can blow out. But we all need to keep a close eye on our tires and our brother's tires. I have a rule at my house, if your tires look bad, your not riding it home. We'll put it in the trailer.
And tire pressure too.

·
Super Moderator
4,206 Posts
Was behind my good friend, he was on a Road King. He took a nail to his front tire on I70 in NC. We were cruising along about 75. As much as it sucked, he got very lucky. We were staggered and super light traffic that day. A rig behind us saw the death wobble as it started and when the rubber shifted, his bike pulled very hard to the left. The Rig had straddled the lane so any cars behind could not pass. He was able to break and pull it back to the right and went down in on the side. Scary. No PM or inspection would have helped. He sat down on the side to regain his composure but accidentally sat on a fire ant hill.... I laughed a bit, he can laugh now.

I do hate to see riders fall and not be able to get back up. I am always looking for new things to learn so I can increase my chances of making it home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts