Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Switchback 3 1/2 months ago and am looking into exhaust systems. Stock is too quiet, also looking to let motor breath a little better. The question is, is the stock 2 into 1 header pipe better than changing to a true dual exhaust and why. Don't feel like spending extra money if it isn't needed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
archer56... 2 into 1 will give you better horsepower then true duals. But will sound different than true duals. So it depends on what you are looking for.
I bought the Drago Dragcula 2 into 1 and like the sound as well as the performance
Dragos Bike Works - home
The switchback is fuel injected correct? therefore with making it breath better you will need a tuner as well. The local independent shop recommended the powervision from Dyno which I also like. I also put a Arlen Ness big sucker stage I on my FLHTC.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Almost true. Duals will give you more horsepower at high RPM, WOT operation. 2into1 everywhere else. Given they are properly designed.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Almost true. Duals will give you more horsepower at high RPM, WOT operation. 2into1 everywhere else. Given they are properly designed.
Agreed. Low end torque is from 2-1.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The ECU on the FLD will auto adapt to either a change in AC or silencer, not both. I swapped the standard slip on for the Vance and Hines slip on and it sounds much better and pulls more smoothly - very pleased.

I like the look of the two in to one but look at getting the cat removed from the headers in the future (although they are quite unhappy about decanting here in the UK). A de-cat would require a retune though, the V&H FP3 seems to be the favoured option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts