Harley Davidson Forums banner

2 into 1

8K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Gtijeep 
#1 ·
Need some info and discussion please. I'm sure this conversation has been done many times. Looking to change from true dual's to 2 into 1 for my 2013 FLHX . Really like the looks of Python Rayzor type exhaust so input on that style would be a big help. Certainly don't want to skimp on sound or performance, but i don't want to be deaf after 200 miles either.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I dunno about that particular one, but you'll generally get 3 recommendations for 2-1 performance: Thunderheader, V&H Pro Pipe (w/ standard baffle), Supermeg. I'm sure there's others that get recommended as to performance, but those are 3 that will come up often.

As to sound, that's going to depend. Not sure of those which is best, though the Thunderheader will definitely make more HP in the upper end than the Pro Pipe will. I have a Pro Pipe, I can recommend it as a well made pipe with good performance, but I can't say whether it's the best. I think it sounds great, got a lower pitched ballsy sound, much louder compared to any kind of stock mufflers, but it's not deafeningly loud.

Though none of the three I mentioned are going to look anything like the one you asled about that comes up short and sweeps put a little with a slashcut. All the ones I mentioned go straight back.

Just about any 2-1 you go with will make better low-end torque though than 2-2 pipes.

#5 ·
Those real short pipes might have good upper RPM numbers, but they won't on the bottom or mid-range. They will also require ear plugs or you will be a candidate for hearing aids in short order.

#6 ·
I dig the sound of the Bassani Road Rage 2:1, I would have went that route if I wasn't such a tightwad. Not sure if they'll fit your bike.
Performance wise, I prefer the 2:1, but average joes like myself would be hard pressed to notice the difference outside of a dyna.

Reactions: ematicic
#9 ·
Good info, glad I cheaped out and went with V&H mini grenades then. Haven't had any powder coating problems with those. Diggin the sound of them as well.

Reactions: southernman_67
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.