Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discovered a nail in rear tire yesterday, took it to the dealer and replaced under extended warranty.(tire and wheel package)
Checking out the bike this morning before a ride and now there is 1 in the front tire.
Took her to the dealer and replaced again under warranty.
I saved a total of $750.00 for the two tires replaced under warranty.
Had 9600 miles on the old tires and they still had a lot of life left, thank God for warranties which transferred to me when I bought the bike.
But seriously what are chances of 2 nails in 2 days?:think

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
you just get a new roof?

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you just get a new roof?
Not me, but there is some construction going on down the road a bit.
That could be it, I will avoid that area fo sho.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here's one for ya complained to my Indy about tire life he in turn called Dunlop u sent him a new tire free of charge. I took the bike to bike week in fla rode down to key west an on the way back. Stuck a big ole fat super nasty mason screw in the tire at one thousand miles. This is a good reason to get ure tires from ure Indy instead of the internet. He helped when I needed it. Thanks Roy of eastern shore cycle

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discovered a nail in rear tire yesterday, took it to the dealer and replaced under extended warranty.(tire and wheel package)
Checking out the bike this morning before a ride and now there is 1 in the front tire.
A total of $750.00 for the two tires replaced under warranty.
Had 9600 miles on the old tires and they still had a lot of life left, thank God for warranties which transferred to me when I bought the bike.
Are you saying you paid $750 out of pocket with the warranty?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
142 Posts
An I the only one thinking there is something beyond ridiculous about it costing 3/4 of a thousand $ to replace two m/c tires? Good grief, I bet you could replace two dump truck tires for less.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I have a big ass magnet on the bottom front of my bike and found a nail stuck to it. Question is, were the nails the same? And did you check the front tire too when you changed your rear tire? It's fricken rediculas how difficult it is to replace a tire. I like the old Harleys that you tossed up on the center stand, and hinged the rear fender back to get to the tire. You could replace it on the side of the road.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, both nails the same, did not see the one in front when rear was replaced, neither did tech.
Almost $800.00 is ridiculous for 2 new tires.
I paid a little over 8 for 4 new BF Goodrich tires for the pickup recently.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Picked up a screw this morning on my Jeep. They are building on my street. Guess what I'll be doing after work today.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had two flats caused by nails last year on my Ultra. I walk my dog every day as part of my exercise routine and scan the roads around my area for nails and screws. It blows my mind how many I pick up! Been doing this for over a year and there has only been about 5 days without finding any. One day I found 17 nails in one spot. Looked like someone had dropped a box off their trailer.

Worst spots are near telephone poles where people post yard sale signs.

FLATS SUCK !!

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I saved a total of $750.00 for the two tires replaced under warranty.
You got a crazy, Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction, ex-girlfriend that we should be interviewing? Any boiling rabbits on your stove this morning when you woke up?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts