Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Ultra Classic is having some issues that no one can figure out. It starts running lean after about 5-10 miles, then it begins to skip under normal acceleration, no check engine light comes on. I have changed the plugs, wires, fuel line, and intake gaskets, and have had the computer updated. Any ideas?

·
Killer of Souls
10,862 Posts
Find another wrench... second opinion.

Lean, if in fact that is the issue would be caused by introducing more air without fuel.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
I am assuming your feeling what could be running lean, when there could be something else going on. Does it feel like this after it warms up or is it the 5-10 miles? I'm more inclined to start checking sensors. I'm not a wrench, just my thought.

·
Retired citizen
22,068 Posts
Starts running lean after the engine is warmed up ? IMO That would be the hot idle circuit. The hot / cold idle adjustments might need correcting. You'll need a mechanic that's familiar with tuning the Magnetti Marelli EMS and resetting the ECM to recognize the new settings.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Engine Temperature Sensor?

Although, my instincts tell me that it would probably run rich when it was hot if that was failing, but you never know.

·
Retired citizen
22,068 Posts
Right, a faulty ETS usually results in a rich condition because the ECM sees a cold engine and stays in the cold idle mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts