Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a siren on my 2000 ultra. Can not find the connector anywhere. The instructions say the harness originates near the frame rail above the battery box. Spent hour an a half trying to find it. Even removed the battery with no luck. Can anyone help me?

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Mines a 13 and its was on left side near the battery box. Under the side cover. It was actually plugged into a tab on the cover so its probably hiding in plain sight. Mine had a clip for the siren and the plug is just above that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
On a 2000 it's inside the right side cover behind the bracket where the siren attaches. It's got a dummy plug end in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is where I looked first. I can not find it there or anywhere in the battery box area with the battery removed. Does anyone know the exact location where the harness pigtail for the siren originates from?

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
It comes from the TSSM harness. It's behind the siren mounting plate, ya gotta get behind there because the plug is attached to the back side of that plate. Try using a dental mirror and flashlight to locate it.

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
If my memory serves me right the siren mounts behind the ECM so the ECM has to be unbolted to get behind the plate. The wire connector is where the siren gets mounted.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If my memory serves me right the siren mounts behind the ECM so the ECM has to be unbolted to get behind the plate. The wire connector is where the siren gets mounted.
That's how it is on my '05. You don't unbolt the ECM itself though. You unbolt the plastic plate that it is bolted to. The bay for the siren is partially behind it. It sticks out once mounted.

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
That's correct, it's the plastic plate the ECM is mounted on ... just two bolts ! Pop it off and everything for the siren is on the back of that ! The connector for the siren wiring is plugged into a dummy slot in the back of the plate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright then................ finally figured this thing out. First of all, I want to thank all of you for responding. After reading your posts and digging into this further, I realized things were not good when I compared my TSM connector to the new TSSM. The original connector is an 8 pin and the new TSSM is a 12 pin. So I looked on the back page of the TSSM install instructions and it said I needed to use an install kit HD # 68314-01 for a 2000 model. I talked to my dealer and he said the kit was obsolete. Hmmm, they will sell you the new TSSM and siren for a 2000 Ultra but no way to hook it up. Went on Ebay and found a new one in an unopened package. Received it today and looked at it and there it is........... the siren connector...... and the 8-pin to 12-pin conversion for the TSSM all in one harness, along with other connectors and pins. Not a very easy install now. Have to route a harness all the way forward to the speedo for the indicator and modify the main harness some to make it interface. Might wait until winter now. Figured you all might want to know. Ride fast and keep the shiny side up.

·
Retired citizen
23,190 Posts
Trying to install a siren on my 2000 ultra. Can not find the connector anywhere. The instructions say the harness originates near the frame rail above the battery box. Spent hour an a half trying to find it. Even removed the battery with no luck. Can anyone help me?
Ah-Ha ! Installing the whole security system, not just the siren !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. Even the dealer said it was a simple swap of the TSM for the TSSM and add the siren which plugs into an existing pigtail on the original harness. But, not so on a 2000 model. Have to add the additional harness from the obsolete kit or nothing plugs in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts