Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2002 XL 1200C with 23000 miles on it and after it warms up, it seems like the top end, (valves) are noisy. I bought a new 1989 883 Hugger back in '89 and it wasn't noisy like this. (As I remember)

I can be over critical on such things, the bike looks and runs great, (aside from the noise)
Sportster3.jpg

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I recently bought a 2002 XL 1200C with 23000 miles on it and after it warms up, it seems like the top end, (valves) are noisy. I bought a new 1989 883 Hugger back in '89 and it wasn't noisy like this. (As I remember)

I can be over critical on such things, the bike looks and runs great, (aside from the noise) View attachment 796164 View attachment 796164
Take a video while she running. Then post that (via youtube). Walk around the bike while its at idle and come in close near the top end. That's the easy way to post sounds. This helps us all take some of the guesswork out of it.
Man, that bike has some tall azz shocks on it! (y)

You know what they say about a woman with a perfect pair of long legs....?

Edit:
Answer: Always leads the way to a perfect NRA! :whistle:

·
Registered
54 Posts
ANYTHING is better than the stock 11" shocks. I went with 12" Progressives on my SuperLow, and wish I'd done 13" shocks instead.
If he has 13in shocks then I might do 12.5in

I was hoping he said he has 15in shocks so I can feel like the 13in would sit/look just right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture.
Definitely won’t go more then 13in.

Hopefully you post a video of your bike to see how it sounds soon.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
See pic, looks like 14" Hope this helps View attachment 796199
OK, we got the idea. She's got some long chrome legs!
Now can we get back to the topic: :LOL:

Let's take care of the real concern:
Still waiting for that top end video to hear the noise?

Reactions: NYWolf

·
V-Twin Junkie
879 Posts
I installed them on my 883 motor. They didn't make any noticeable difference. I'll probably get around to trying them on the 1200 when I take the heads off for porting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts