Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,571 Posts
This question is asked, about various models, surprisingly often IMO.
So I'm gonna finally ask. WHY?
I can't think of any reason it would matter unless someone is hoping that it's rare or something and that somehow, just the virtue of being few in number means it's worth more, as if supply was the only determining factor and demand doesn't have any dictation on it.

Otherwise, I can't think of a single reason anyone would want to know how many were made in a single year.

· Retired citizen
26,699 Posts
2003 were the 100th Anniversary models and some people believe they have collector value. Actually the MoCo over produced the 2003 models resulting in many left over unsold 2003s. Also many black over silver models got replacement tins due to black flecks showing up in the silver.

· Wayward Son
24,549 Posts
2003 were the 100th Anniversary models and some people believe they have collector value. Actually the MoCo over produced the 2003 models resulting in many left over unsold 2003s. Also many black over silver models got replacement tins due to black flecks showing up in the silver.
But....but..... It's a Harley. It has to be worth a fortune. It just has to be.:cry:

· Wayward Son
24,549 Posts
HD produced, over produced, almost any and every Anniversary, Special Edition, Limited Edition (<always loved that name) model the Sales Department ever dreamed up.
Took any potential collectors value right out it and the market.
All they did was create a ton of Garage Queens who's owners had big $$$ in their eyes.
A retirement home in the Keys. College fund for the kid(s).
Sorry xldh44. But don't quit your day job.

· weird member
4,571 Posts

· Registered
6,122 Posts
The only REAL collector model I can think of in the last 40 yrs. is the double belt Sturgis shovelhead, and they aren't selling for what owners are asking.

· Wayward Son
24,549 Posts
The only REAL collector model I can think of in the last 40 yrs. is the double belt Sturgis shovelhead, and they aren't selling for what owners are asking.
3 values to any used item for sale.
1)What you are asking.
2)What they are offering.
3)What it's really worth.

· weird member
4,571 Posts
I'd bet if you had one of the 2,700 93 "Moo Glides" produced it would be rather collectable and worth a few bucks over $20,000 or more.
That's only if it was highly desirable and sought after.

It's not.

Seriously, why does everyone always forget the demand side of the equation?

Just because something is limited in quantity, that doesn't mean it's automatically worth more.

What anything is "worth", is what people are willing to pay, it doesn't matter how rare. Even if it was 1 of a kind and cost $30,000 to make, if nobody's willing to pay $20,000 for it, then it's not worth $20,000.

· Registered
116 Posts
^^^^^^ doubtful. Last I checked a '93 Moo Glide went unsold for $10K on Ebay at end of 2022. Yea, it's Ebay, but serious collectables get action on Ebay.
Currently there is a NOS Moo Glide seat for the asking price of $5,347.19. There’s a windshield moo bag for over $650.00 or one left side saddlebag for $2,673.59 asking price. One more saddle bag and you’d be near that $10,000. figure! Say what you believe but a serious collector usually wouldn’t buy a rare vehicle sight unseen. And in the event they would there isn’t even one listed on eBay today! Now that’s rare.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts