Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 03 Lowrider, 100 anniversary edition. I am looking at exhaust options. There doesn't seem to be many choices. I originally wanted black pipes and was going to wrap them tan. so i was hoping to buy exhaust without heat shields. Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Posts for some thoughts,not!

·
Registered
236 Posts
If I were you I would purchase a used exhaust, toss the heat shields and paint it black with high temp paint, then wrap them. You could do the same with the stock exhaust and just use a good set of slip-ons. I have Cycle Shacks on my 07 Street Bob and they sound awesome. The Vance & Hines Straight Shot slip-ons are the same diameter as your stock pipes, so those would give you a more streamlined look. Just my 2 cents.

later,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I were you I would purchase a used exhaust, toss the heat shields and paint it black with high temp paint, then wrap them. You could do the same with the stock exhaust and just use a good set of slip-ons. I have Cycle Shacks on my 07 Street Bob and they sound awesome. The Vance & Hines Straight Shot slip-ons are the same diameter as your stock pipes, so those would give you a more streamlined look. Just my 2 cents.

later,
KrustyTC
Dumb question, what are slip ons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Dude,do some research on Google. Slip ons replace stock mufflers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dumb question, what are slip ons?

Slip-ons are replacements for your stock mufflers. They make the bike louder, and can change the look depending on what you purchase. Check out this link for the Vance & Hines Straightshots slip-on mufflers for your bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slip-ons are replacements for your stock mufflers. They make the bike louder, and can change the look depending on what you purchase. Check out this link for the Vance & Hines Straightshots slip-on mufflers for your bike.

Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts