Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Frankenstein Road King that I’m trying to do some work on. It’s a 2000 FLHRCI with a 2003 motor. There’s evidently been some mods that I’m trying to figure out. Can somebody help me identify this throttle body?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I was just now doing a google search for that image... Not a, not a... found. Glad you got it sorted.. (y)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have Harley Davidson service bulletin on idle speed adjustments for all Magnetti Merelli EFI fuel systems. A bunch of tuning information is on youtube for the M&M as well. Shoot me a message if the service bulletin could help you with what screw adjustment does what.

·
Retired citizen
26,079 Posts
Words of caution. Do not turn the Magneti Marelli adjustment screws unless you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Words of caution. Do not turn the Magneti Marelli adjustment screws unless you know what you're doing.
You are for sure right, until you know what screw does what you will just mess it up. The service bulletin for harley mechanics uses their scan tool to make it easy on them but rpm values given in the manual make it look like it can be adjusted using the rpm given, to end up with the same end results. You have to jumper 2 wires to set the .6+ volts for the cold idle TP voltage. That information is available on youtube but I have not yet wrote that information down in my notes.
Eventually I will collect all the information needed for a person to tune their M&M start to finish. The bulletin also covers the 2003 twin cam 88 cu in. The most important is resetting the ECM after adjusting the M&M to accept the new settings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts