Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 got a soaking bath a few months ago at a bikini wash. since then it doesn't want to start up. I let it dry out a few days and it fired up. few days later it would just crank over and over and no fire . checked coil and no spark in one plug. put on new coil and fired right up. it sat for couple weeks with battery tender in cold weather and would crank over and over but wouldn't fire up. still have spark and even put in new battery. all lights look bright and it will still only crank over and over and once in awhile it will fire up but not most the time. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
 

·
2004 Ultra Classic
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Was this one of the bikini washers? If so she is not properly trained to wash a bike.

781070
 

·
Retired citizen
Joined
·
22,293 Posts
How many miles on OP's FLSTCI ? Any engine mods ?
Any number of things can be happening so I would begin with the from scratch diagnostics.
OP already confirmed spark. I would confirm battery volts (12.8v), fuel delivery (EFI) and cylinder compression next.
Also check for stored codes, the procedure is a sticky in the electrical section under DTCs.
 

·
Barney Fife - Poser
Joined
·
841 Posts
Might be worthwhile to check out or replace the plug wires. I would also inspect the ECM connection. If that stuff got wet, it could be holding moisture and/or could have caused some corrosion in the connectors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2004 flstci has just over 40,000 miles on it. all connections seem to be dry. all electrical seems to be working correctly. turns over and over but not starting. tried spraying a lil shot of ether in throttle body and still wont fire up.. I can hear fuel pump run for few seconds when I turn switch on. im stumped. first EFI bike ive owned. I miss my shovelhead lol. please help lol thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
There can be moisture in the connections and you not see it. Doesn't take much. A brief spray of WD40 in the connections in question could help. WD40 is a moisture displacer.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top