Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it's time to get new tires for my bike and I don't want the OEM Dunlop tires. So I go online and see a lot of positive comments on the Michelin Commander IIs. Anyway I go online to order them and when it comes to the front tire I am at a loss. The stock tire says MH90-21 54H and I have no clue what this would be in the Commander IIs sizes. I am guessing that I would need to order the 90/90 21 size or the 80/90 21? Really could use some help here and thanks in advance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
The stock MH90 is a 80/90 21 tire. Going to the 90/90 21 gives you more meat and feels so much better if you get the right brand of tire.

I just put a 90/90 21 up front on mine and the difference is huge. It also fills the fender better, looks so much better.

Motorcycle super store has best selection and prices with fast free shipping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is where I was looking. Can get both back and front for $236 and HD wants to charge $203 each. Anyway thanks for the help 90/90 21 it is now off to order.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$203 per tire was before labor. I have a shop here that will put both tires I order on for like $60. So $236 plus $60 and I can have both tires on (and better tires) for way less than the HD shop.

·
Registered
139 Posts
$203 per tire was before labor. I have a shop here that will put both tires I order on for like $60. So $236 plus $60 and I can have both tires on (and better tires) for way less than the HD shop.

Good deal. Ive been a Shinko fan for a while now so thats what I run. The stock 150 was the first one I ever run that wide. Hated it. Back to good ole 130s now. Anyways thats a sweet deal. Is this your first set of Commander IIs? I almost got them but I love the glue like stick of them Shinkos. They are like sport bike tires for cruisers that last me 10K miles. Maybe if I get a second bike I will try the Michelin....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts