Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one have a source for supliment to 2014 Dyna Service manual?
The 2014 Low Rider instrument wiring is not documented well in the Shop Manual as needed. Maybe because it was a later release for 2014.

I have purchased a set 2014 speed and tac. They have turn, high beam, oil press, etc in guages.

I'm attempting to put them on my 2004 Low rider. All features are available on my bike. Just need Identification for the guages pinout.
I have put on Hog Halter front end, no where to put the original instrument lights. I have exhausted all my ideas. Local H-D dealer hasn't been able to help me.

Thank you for any help
Mott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2014 Low rider Instrument Wiring harness

To add to the above: The harness spec'd and purchased has only speed and tac funcations only. No wiring for the funcation lights.

·
Wayward Son
23,356 Posts
I did find reference to the supplement you are asking about on Google.
Oddly enough....it was at, of all places, a HD Dealership.
You may want to try ebay. But being for a newer model I`m doubting you will find one there.

·
Registered
577 Posts
No they are not. The 2014's have the 'Canbus' computer system, while 2011 and earlier have the 'Dynabus' system. They do not speak the same 'language'. I found this out the hard way after trying to mount a Screamin' Eagle Shift Light/tach unit on my 13' Streetbob. Even the Harley factory website had it wrong. They had a handlebar mounted mini-tach listed as saying it WOULD work with the 2012 later models but it WON'T. I ended up going with a tank mounted analog tach/digital speedo so I could at least read the tach. It actually worked out much better than I'd hoped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts