Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for a Bagger that I plan to use as a daily driver to work and back. I was debating between the Street Glide, Road Glide, and Electra Glide Standard. Well after some research I found a 2005 Electra Glide Standard, clean bike, pretty much all stock, has 20K on it and asking price is $11,100. It is a one owner and has an aftermarket stereo installed. I figure I should be able to get it for about 10K.

From what I have seen, the standard model is about the cheapest in price compared to the other models, that works out better for me as I plan to do some najor changes on the look of the bike and maybe a stroker motor later on.

Any feedback from you guys on the price would be great, does this sound like a good deal??

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Considering a new one costs $16,999. I think it sounds like a good deal if you get it for 10.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$10K would be a good price IMO. Ask to see all service records. Many of the 05's had an oil consumption issue due to the new valve guides. HD warranted them if the owner was persistent and could demonstrate the problem. It's also close to the time where the tensioners should be inspected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I can pick it up for 10K, I dont know the history behind the bike, the current dealer tells me everything is good on the bike, no leaks, runs excellent, by the pics it looks pretty clean, 21K on the miles. It even has an aftermarket Sony CD/MP3 player, the only issue that I'm looking at is the bike is in the mainland and I'm in Hawaii, shipping is about $1200, so now I need to give it some serious thought, is it really a good deal especially buying it unseen. A good late model bagger in Hawaii is hard to find for a good price.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I agree with Milo, the rear valve guide seals are known to go south on those but its not too big of a deal to fix. In fact it shouldnt even matter to you as you plan on stroking it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts