Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my bike, its in excellent condition and was told it had screaming eagle stage two kit installed when new, rollers, cams, pistons, heads and jugs. Since I am not really familiar with the kit I was hoping some of you were around in 2006 and know what its all about.. I love th bike, its like new and hot as hell, just curious.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
It would be really hard, without the receipts to tell if the bike has been upgraded. One sign would be an upgraded Air Filter and exhaust, but of course that could be added without everything else.
Ask if the dealer did the work, if so a record exists.

·
Wandering Evangelist
23 Posts
The pipes, air filter, carb jetting and ignition upgrade are stage one, stage two is much harder to verify. I have stage 1 and the bike kicks butt. Stage two must be awesome performance. The web site harley-performance.com has all the specs for stage 1, 2, 3, & 4 Screaming Eage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! that was helpful. So a trip to the dealer of origin tells that it had a full stage 1 and 2, this was carbs, exhaust, ignition and roller set up. done at the time of purchase in 2007.. after talking to the techs and some friends of the owner i discovered a 1250 big bore kit was also done.. alog with some nice wheels. I did not get any readout from a dyno, A trip to JP cycles might cure that when I have the time and money at the same time.. Bottom line is that the bike is beautiful and a thrill to ride very strong if not a little finicky at the low end. Choppy idle, but it makes everyone around it smile.. I think I have a keeper!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts