Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys back in the spring I bought a 883 low and aside from pipes I do not think anything has been done to the bike. It has 16k+ on it. It runs great but I would like a list of things that I can do to get the best performance out of it?
Rodney

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Hello guys back in the spring I bought a 883 low and aside from pipes I do not think anything has been done to the bike. It has 16k+ on it. It runs great but I would like a list of things that I can do to get the best performance out of it?
Rodney
We like to spend your money, so whats the guideline? Sky the limit?

Punch that puppy out to a 1200+, good tuner etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the screaming eagle 1250 upgrade but will be next year before I can afford that. What can I look at to improve on what I have without changing the motor or going to a different bike.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Ok Bowhunter1968.
If you are serious about the big bore kit then, IMO, leave it as is for now. Put the $$$ towards the kit.

There may be some mods you could do that would be compatible with the 1250.
A high flow AC and maybe the right A/F programmer.
But we need a more experienced Sportster guy then myself to tell you what would and would not work with the BB kit. And what you would only wind up wasting your $$$ on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok Bowhunter1968.
If you are serious about the big bore kit then, IMO, leave it as is for now. Put the $$$ towards the kit.

There may be some mods you could do that would be compatible with the 1250.
A high flow AC and maybe the right A/F programmer.
But we need a more experienced Sportster guy then myself to tell you what would and would not work with the BB kit. And what you would only wind up wasting your $$$ on.
2006 is carbed not fuel injected so there is no programmer

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
leave it alone, until you do the big bore. then think about cams and air filter and exhaust. at the same time.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
1225 cc kit
Andrews 6 cams
Good set of heads
S&S E w/1.800" manifold/Thunderjet
DDT ignition
Supertrapp 2/1
Dyno tune
Point it straight and hold on tightly.
Scott