Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suggestions Needed HD Specilists? I keep blowing my 15amp accessory fuse as soon as I turn the key to start. What accessories run off of this fuse? Any one experienced this before? The only added parts to the MFG original is a power commander, brake light module for rear turn signals. I do have a manual security system as well. All have been on the bike since 2006. HELP?

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
You should first identify what circuit the users manual says this fuse protects. There are a number of factory assigned and auxiliary circuits that are energized when the ignition switch is turned on.

One way to diagnose the problem is to see what devices - security system, lights, etc do not work after the fuse blows. You should be able to eliminate them one by one until you find the problem.

Pete

Suggestions Needed HD Specilists? I keep blowing my 15amp accessory fuse as soon as I turn the key to start. What accessories run off of this fuse? Any one experienced this before? The only added parts to the MFG original is a power commander, brake light module for rear turn signals. I do have a manual security system as well. All have been on the bike since 2006. HELP?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts