Harley Davidson Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I found this on my Harley-Davidson's OEM Rear Wheel. Interesting.
I already knew that Harley's front fork tubes are made by Showa - a quality Japanese Company.
Come to find out – the Harley is probably riddled with Japanese parts, lol. Not that I care, but to say Harley-Davidson is an all American motorcycle is quite the untruth!

Automotive lighting Tin Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I found this on my Harley-Davidson's OEM Rear Wheel. Interesting.
I already knew that Harley's front fork tubes are made by Showa - a quality Japanese Company.
Come to find out – the Harley is probably riddled with Japanese parts, lol. Not that I care, but to say Harley-Davidson is an all American motorcycle is quite the untruth!

View attachment 815931
HD has imported parts since day one! Yes, even the 1903 had imported electric parts!
All American design, All American Style. Never advertised as 100% American parts. Just sayin'

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
As long as they aren't made in China, lol

Update:
I just got the tube I ordered, and the box does not match the description of the ad. The ad says the tube is a 180/60-17 tube yet on the box it says the tube is for: 130/90 -17, 140/80-17, 150/70-17, 160/70 - 17, and 170/60- 17. Hmm, what to do? Should I get my money back, or will this tube still work in my 180/60-17 tire?

Computer keyboard Input device Peripheral Font Netbook

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Today, this morning, I finished cleaning up and smoothing the inside of the rear wheel to remove anything that may wear through or puncture the inner tube. This wheel is good to go. I'm waiting on the new rubber rim strip to be delivered before proceeding with the new tire installation.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
This toothache has me in a grumpy ass mood, though. They would not pull it on Monday because my blood pressure was too high, and I have a history of stroke. BP was 210 over 110. I'm working on getting it down. I need this evil thing pulled out of my skull!

I am even looking at tooth extracting tools on Amazon, they sell them!

Fifth of Jack Daniels outta do it!

·
Registered
610 Posts
This toothache has me in a grumpy ass mood, though. They would not pull it on Monday because my blood pressure was too high, and I have a history of stroke. BP was 210 over 110. I'm working on getting it down. I need this evil thing pulled out of my skull!
A fifth of courage and some fishing line and....well....🥵

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
New plan for license plate:

I have to remove the Harley-Davidson Swing arm bag from the bike to make it work out, yet who wants an old bag on their bike anyway, LoL.

One benefit of going this route – I can put passenger pegs back on the bike if I decide to, as the swing arm bag's mount stole the passenger peg bracket's boltholes on the left side. I figure I can take a passenger home in a pinch. She can sit on the back end of the Bare-bones seat and hang on tight – to me.

But really, I just wasn't liking how the previous license plate idea was working out. Also, with this new one, I can definitely make sure the plate sits at least 12 inches from the ground to make the plate positively street legal in my state. Lastly, the LED light on this new plate lights up 360 degrees around the perimeter of the plate. I like that!

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
That's disappointing....
Sorry, just the facts.

I am even looking at tooth extracting tools on Amazon, they sell them!

Fifth of Jack Daniels outta do it!
Go to the drug store, on the "Oral Hygiene Isle" and look for a small box that reads: Oral ANESTHETIC.

That stuff, is what i call "Dentist in a tube" Basically it's like 'Numbsit baby anesthetic" but stronger for adults.
It might make you drool and bite your tongue if you squirt too much in your mouth at once. But it stops the throbbing and general ache associated with a abscessed tooth. You will be glad you got it. I keep it in the pocket of my cooler lunch bag. Saved my azz more than once. (It's the same stuff the "kind" dentist rub on your gums before administering the novacaine shot. It works enough to help keep the sanity before seeing the dentist.

Yes, i have bad teeth! More fake than real in my mouth.

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Update:

I canceled the order on the OEM speedometer, and I'm getting the following instead. This one even has a built-in fuel gauge – so I'll put a dummy cap in place where the tank's fuel gauge resides.

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Got one side of the tire on the wheel, making sure the tire rotation direction is correct. This lubricant does help. Also, weighing 294 pounds helps. I just kneel on the tire with all of my weight, and it does what it's told. I'm waiting on the new tube to be delivered before proceeding.

Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Drink Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

41 - 60 of 74 Posts