Harley Davidson Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FXDB 117” Zippers Kit S&S Crank, Man O War Comp, Barnett Clutch, 6 Speed
6 Posts
My Harley-Davidson is not broken. It is not sick. It is just being patient! And, of course, missing some parts.
As it sits currently (9/12/2022):

View attachment 815915

The logical next step it seems will be to clean up/polish the rear wheel, prior to installing the new tire on it. It's so much easier to do work on it with it off of the bike, and sitting on the workbench. I have chrome polish, aluminum polish, old socks, 0000 steel wool, naval jelly, WD40, a scrawl tool, stainless steel and brass bristle cleaning brushes. I have tire changing lube. The wheel will be getting a brand new 17'' x 2.4'' Drag Specialties Rim Strip, Pirelli Night Dragon 180/60 - 17 Tire, and a new Michelin tube. Then the wheel goes back on the bike. Thanks for looking at my bike project!

View attachment 815916
Shoe strings work really well just wrap it around and start pulling. When I had laced wheels I always liked Vans thick laces.

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Update: the bike will be getting the original Dunlop/Harley-Davidson tires after all, and the wheels and tires are going to the Harley dealer to be installed and balanced. I am leaving the rotors and belt pulley on the wheels for balancing.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Installed this brand-new OEM vivid black battery cover. I'm still undecided on the trim that will go on it. I'm thinking either the bag or chrome trim.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Update: I'm making a tire changing thing (wheel holder) out of a five gallon bucket, all thread rod, washers, and bolts. Attaching it to the shop floor. I'll give putting the tires on another try. It's getting a Dunlop K591 rear and a Dunlop D402 front.

·
Registered
2006 Dyna FXDB
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Update: The price for chroming the strut assembly and dash is $895. I almost didn't do it. But I went ahead and signed the contract and paid the man. It could take about 2 months to get them back.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts