Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2006 RK, my first HD, model FLHRCI. I believe the "C" stands for Classic, but not sure. What is the difference between the Custom and the Classic?

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Custom has hard bags and a little triceratops wind deflector over the headlight.

Classic has driving lights, wide white walls and leather look bags

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Custom sits an inch lower as well. The bags on a custom are leather covered. The "regular" Road King has the painted bags.

They look remarkably different, IMO. The Custom doesn't say "Road King" at all to me. It looks like a Street Glide with the fairing missing.

Classic:

Custom:

"Regular":

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bags are the same on the custom and the classic. They are the only two with the hard leather covered bags. Custome also comes with beach bars, a white faced gage, cleaned up fenders with no front reflectors and the rear turn signals are the small Street Glide style oppose to those big ugly ones. And yes one inch lower front and back from factory.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Those bars may get you instant celebrity status with some of the members here.

:D

--

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The jury is still out on the 20 inch apes. I am 6'-1" and the bars seem too high but I have decided to ride for awhile and then decide to change to something lower or keep em.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Nice looking bike. Can't wait until my RK needs tires so I can put wide whites on her.

·
On the loose
8,705 Posts
Don't the Customs & Classics also come with wire spoke wheels ?

·
Registered
803 Posts
The jury is still out on the 20 inch apes. I am 6'-1" and the bars seem too high but I have decided to ride for awhile and then decide to change to something lower or keep em.
Not into the apes, but I do see how they air out the armpits nice.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the information. I hope attached is a picture of my RK.

Maybe move the mirrors below so they don't get frost on them from being at such a high altitude. Holes underneath are already drilled and threaded.

Nice bike.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Bags are the same on the custom and the classic. They are the only two with the hard leather covered bags. Custome also comes with beach bars, a white faced gage, cleaned up fenders with no front reflectors and the rear turn signals are the small Street Glide style oppose to those big ugly ones. And yes one inch lower front and back from factory.
Yes the classic and custom both have leather bags, but they are not the same. Classic has the large chromed buckles where the custom has none visible.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes the classic and custom both have leather bags, but they are not the same. Classic has the large chromed buckles where the custom has none visible. The custom also came with solid, Fatboy style wheels and the classic spoked.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sorry for the double post! Computer glitch I guess?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Yes the classic and custom both have leather bags, but they are not the same. Classic has the large chromed buckles where the custom has none visible.
Agreed.

Love the apes.

However, his front fender has a tip and spears. I didn't think costoms had spears. Just a tip, or an emblem.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts