Harley Davidson Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
As Gorillathehun said, reversion is real. You can tune straight pipes to work in a narrow rpm band, either down low, mid, or high rpm. Ya' just can't have it all. Don't confuse a lot of noise with power.

Reactions: Gorillathehun

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Something to bear in mind: Opinions are just opinions until data is used to support them. The data show that drag pipes are called drag pipes because of their intended use, but the joke is that drag pipes drag down power on the street, which they do. Like Bruce from S&S says, "if you're willing to sacrifice driveability and mid-range performance to have them, well, less power to you."
Guess what? if we put these pipes on we dont give a rats ass about 5% power- I dont care about going 100mph or a 110mph. Drivability? do those pipes make my front end wobble? And data? you can get data for anything-you dont like them? dont use them-you like them use them.

·
V-Twin Junkie
1,186 Posts
Guess what? if we put these pipes on we dont give a rats ass about 5% power- I dont care about going 100mph or a 110mph. Drivability? do those pipes make my front end wobble? And data? you can get data for anything-you dont like them? dont use them-you like them use them.
Okay, I'll bite. Driveability includes how cleanly and powerfully a bike moves off from a stop, whether it surges at steady rpm, how it rolls on at each rpm, what kind of fuel mileage it gets, etc.. Oddly, your statement about power completely undercuts your argument, since about the only possible place drag pipes do ANYTHING better than other exhausts (and it is a big "maybe," given advancements in pipe design) is WFO on a dragstrip. So, if you don't care about a 110 mph pass at the drags, why would you willingly throw away the superior low and mid-range performance of a better exhaust system? :confused:

I don't use them, and I've explained why. You have yet to give a good reason why anyone would aside from the fact that, for some reason, you like them.

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. Driveability includes how cleanly and powerfully a bike moves off from a stop, whether it surges at steady rpm, how it rolls on at each rpm, what kind of fuel mileage it gets, etc.. Oddly, your statement about power completely undercuts your argument, since about the only possible place drag pipes do ANYTHING better than other exhausts (and it is a big "maybe," given advancements in pipe design) is WFO on a dragstrip. So, if you don't care about a 110 mph pass at the drags, why would you willingly throw away the superior low and mid-range performance of a better exhaust system? :confused:

I don't use them, and I've explained why. You have yet to give a good reason why anyone would aside from the fact that, for some reason, you like them.
I wont bite-I like what I like-what im doing with my bike is my business and apparently I dont give a rats ass what II lose or gain ANYWHERE with the set up I have, imm going to put a springer on my sporty over the winter-ive been told thats like putting lipstick on a pig but that was from another fat bagger .You donnt like drag pipes? dont uuse them. No one cares about your likes and dislikes and I dont have to give a reason to you or any other limp dick for a thing I do in life. So now go tell the moderators that I said your an *******.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'll bite too. I ride with a couple of guys that think drag pipes are badass. They also understand that if they are on a road trip with us, they are in the back and riding in the right tire track. On a long trip noise fatigue is a real thing. Of course these are the same guys that squeeze the clutch and blip the throttle every time we ride under an overpass.

·
V-Twin Junkie
1,186 Posts
I wont bite-I like what I like-what im doing with my bike is my business and apparently I dont give a rats ass what II lose or gain ANYWHERE with the set up I have, imm going to put a springer on my sporty over the winter-ive been told thats like putting lipstick on a pig but that was from another fat bagger .You donnt like drag pipes? dont uuse them. No one cares about your likes and dislikes and I dont have to give a reason to you or any other limp dick for a thing I do in life. So now go tell the moderators that I said your an ***.
Hahahahahaha. Okay, you just get on witcher bad self there.

·
Read Only
34 Posts
I'll bite too. I ride with a couple of guys that think drag pipes are badass. They also understand that if they are on a road trip with us, they are in the back and riding in the right tire track. On a long trip noise fatigue is a real thing. Of course these are the same guys that squeeze the clutch and blip the throttle every time we ride under an overpass.
well, To be banned from riding with you is a BAD THING? who gives a crap, I love you guys, I prefer to ride by myself so the absence of your company and whining of your group would be a F---g blessing. I like my pipes and thats all that matters-My neighbors dont complain, and I dont run my bike while I work on it in my garage out of consideration to them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
well, To be banned from riding with you is a BAD THING? who gives a crap, I love you guys, I prefer to ride by myself so the absence of your company and whining of your group would be a F---g blessing. I like my pipes and thats all that matters-My neighbors dont complain, and I dont run my bike while I work on it in my garage out of consideration to them.
If you read what I said you would see that nobody is "banned". I just don't want or need that guy to be riding just in front of me or alongside of me on a 500 mile day. Nobody whines dammit. At least not like you are now.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts