Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
A 2006 street glide with 43k mi on it here locally from a private party probably around $9-10 give or take depending on shape and extras. Its really what your willing to do to get into one.If it were me I would sell the superglide on your own and buy from a private party. The dealer has to make money on the deal but you can more than likely get a lot better deal on your own. Just my opinion

also the money you will save will get you into a descent 09 with the new frame

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked it up.

2011 Super Glide Custom

Kelly Blue Book on my bike is - Suggested Retail Value $10,750

NADA on my bike is - Suggested Retail Value $11,508

My bike:

·
Registered
710 Posts
That should help you make up your mind :thumb no reason to sell low and buy high.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Keep your bike. Newer, 6 speed, 96ci motor. Street glide, 5 speed, 88ci motor, old frame, 5 gallon tank. Wait till you can afford a 09 or newer.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Seems a little steep to me.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Before you buy a 2006 with 43K on it, I would demand to know the condition of the cam tensioners. If they have not been addressed already, you could be in cam chest within the first 100 miles of ownership.

Edit: Never mind. I saw the on that website that they have been replaced.

Low ball him. If he doesn't get it sold in the next 2-4 weeks, he could sit on it all winter.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Before you buy a 2006 with 43K on it, I would demand to know the condition of the cam tensioners. If they have not been addressed already, you could be in cam chest within the first 100 miles of ownership.

Edit: Never mind. I saw the on that website that they have been replaced.

Low ball him. If he doesn't get it sold in the next 2-4 weeks, he could sit on it all winter.
Still great info for someone else looking to buy!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
614 Posts
Not a good deal at all. Sell your bike for 10k and save up 3 or 4k and get yourself something newer. Try and finance for a newer bike if you have good credit and don't want to spend the out of pocket money. Well worth getting an 09 or above.

·
Just Ride
3,305 Posts
I got a 2009 Street Glide for sale @ $13.500 or best offer with 10.××× k on it. Black Pearl.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 SG, Denim black, 17k miles for $14k, Came with Vance&Hines Pro pipe, screamin eagle intake, tuner, light bar, sissy bar, extra seat, and few other HD chrome add ons. I think i got a steal :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts