Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thanks in advance for any tips or advice. I purchased a 2007 Electra Glide Classic w/ 16000 miles on it 1 week ago. Since I bought it, it's been experiencing intermittent periods of increased backfire on deceleration followed by very low idle (around 500 RPM), or engine stall without any throttle input. The strange thing I find, is how it tends to come and go, it might be good for 20 miles, then suddenly the problem arises before clearing itself back up again. I have cleaned the IAC port 4 times and have found it to alleviate the problem temporarily. I just got a fresh fluid change done 2 days ago. Aftermarket parts include a K&N Side Draft air filter and slip on exhaust.

I know this problem has been brought up frequently, just looking to see if possibly there's been something I could be missing.. Perhaps the EFI needs the update from the dealership. I love the bike, just this problem is driving me absolutely CRAZY.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No codes, negative on the exhaust leak and intake leak. I just called the local dealership who informed me that the bike doesn't require the EFI flash. I just pulled the spark plugs and they were both in spec. Now I did notice the rear cylinder did not function as well running by itself compared to the front cylinder, slightly more hesitant on throttle. Maybe an ignition coil?

·
Retired citizen
24,501 Posts
Check the injector wire harnesses, wiggle test with the engine running. There has been some instances of the injector wires stretching because the harness is tie strapped to tight at the top frame backbone below the tank. The wires can come apart inside the wire conduits and make intermittent function. I use a long needle nose plier to reach behind the AC and grip the injector wires.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Pull off the air cleaner and spray down the throttle body with carb cleaner, including the pintle for the idle air. Put a can of Sea Foam in the tank and go ride, it sounds like a dirty fuel system issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts