Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1100 miles on my 2007 Flhx 3rd and 5th gears have Whine noise in it, might be in primary or trany? and there are many others that have the same problem, called the dealer they say there nothting they can do about. sayed they had many other complants about this problem..
Some even bought extended warrantys cause did'nt know if it was going to break down. I payed alot of MONEY for this bike. what up with HD.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Try using Red Line Heavy Duty Shock Proof Synthetic Gear Oil 75
In 35 years of riding I've never found anything that smooths out transmission noise or clunk like this product.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I just picked up the Isolated Drive System and plan on installing it either this weekend or next weekend.

It is the fix for another problem that Harley says doesn't exist. It is basically a rubber mounted sprocket system that makes up for the inability of the compensator nut to handle the difference in the gearing on the '07's.

Part number 40287-07. It lists for $297.67. Do a little research on it. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 04 fat boy that makes loud whining noise in 2nd 3rd 4th just bought bike guy says its got hp parts in trans but it scares me any one have a clue why it would sound like gear drive timing on race motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts