Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking at buying a 2007 Harley Sportster XL 1200L. Now I have been on 1200's before customs and regulars but never what Harely considers a 1200 low. What is the difference between the low and the customs and the regulars. I do know that the customs come with forward controls and the others do not. Now I am 6 foot tall and weight 260-265 would the 1200 Low be too small? Just looking for opinions. If I had the money would go out and buy a bigger bike like a soft tail but I don't so looking at getting a cheaper used sportster.
:biking:

·
Rack'em Up
49 Posts
Hi I am looking at buying a 2007 Harley Sportster XL 1200L. Now I have been on 1200's before customs and regulars but never what Harely considers a 1200 low. What is the difference between the low and the customs and the regulars. I do know that the customs come with forward controls and the others do not. Now I am 6 foot tall and weight 260-265 would the 1200 Low be too small? Just looking for opinions. If I had the money would go out and buy a bigger bike like a soft tail but I don't so looking at getting a cheaper used sportster.
:biking:
I'm 6 foot 3 weigh 235 and ride a 2004 1200L. I does not have forward controls, it has mid controls. Fits me perfectly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Personally I prefer the Sportster over the rest of the Harley line up. It's light, for a Harley, quick, kind of nimble and runs great. With some of the mods I've made the performance is what I'm looking for, but then I'm not 20 years old either. But that's me, it may not work for you...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm only 5'10, but 270. I have an 06 1200 low. I have forward controls on mine. Dosent come with em, but you can put em in. The low sits I believe 1-2 inches lower than the regular models. The custom also has a spoke front wheel and the low has a mag. I put a spoke wheel on mine for looks and lowerd it even more with a lowering kit and slammer shocks! Great bike though! You can make it however you want it! Lots of fun to ride and the possibilities are endless!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I ride an 883 low, same bike, different engine only. Love it. I'm only 5'9" and had to add forward controls. I ride long distances and the mid controls were really uncomfortable. The low has less suspension travel than a standard so can be a little harsh on rough roads, but not of bad. I like the lower center of gravity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts