Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and wanted to see I anyone had upgraded from a 17" to an 18" rear wheel. If so, then what corresponding tire size did you go with to maximize the wheel well volume while still keeping the tire from making contact with the swing arm, belt, etc?

Currently I'm running the stock 17"x6" wheel and 200/55R17 Dunlop D401. A simple upgrade to a spoked 18" x 6" wheel is the plan, but I'll need to adjust the tire size accordingly to keep from rubbing without going too small in the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the tire size?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm new to the forum and wanted to see I anyone had upgraded from a 17" to an 18" rear wheel. If so, then what corresponding tire size did you go with to maximize the wheel well volume while still keeping the tire from making contact with the swing arm, belt, etc?

Currently I'm running the stock 17"x6" wheel and 200/55R17 Dunlop D401. A simple upgrade to a spoked 18" x 6" wheel is the plan, but I'll need to adjust the tire size accordingly to keep from rubbing without going too small in the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the tire size?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts