Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to put pipes on the 07 street bob(wifes bike). She saw and heard a set of Rinehart slip ons on an 06 dyna with baffles. Will this require a fueler and should i do high flow air cleaner at the same time? Performance is not an issue she just wants it louder.I want to keep the stock pipes as a backup to any future EPA issues in Ohio

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would do both air filter and pipes, you letting more air out with the pipes so you need to let more air in. I would say yes for the fueler, or race tuner. More air means more fuel needed.

AJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
After posting, I looked at the SE catalog and didnt see a fuel management system for any 07 but the XL.

Maybe someone else know more.

AJ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am currently leaning towards the slip-on, air cleaner and power commander from fuel moto. they will pre load a map and support you w/future maps. Anybody ever deal with them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
With the 07's you will have to buy the Race Tuner. And along with that you will want the high flow kit as well.

The SE pipes coming out by HD for these bikes are at the same db level (80) as the stock. With a level of flow, but not noise. The 07 R/T has some maps for different configs. But you will more than likely need to tweek the bike to get it right on the dyno.

So I have heard. I like my pipes as stock on my 07 FLSTC. Sounds nice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a freind with a 2007 Electraglide. His closed loop fuel system makes it difficult to tune with a new set of pipes. Anyone else finding such issues?

·
Registered
34 Posts
With the 07's you will have to buy the Race Tuner. And along with that you will want the high flow kit as well.

The SE pipes coming out by HD for these bikes are at the same db level (80) as the stock. With a level of flow, but not noise. The 07 R/T has some maps for different configs. But you will more than likely need to tweek the bike to get it right on the dyno.

So I have heard. I like my pipes as stock on my 07 FLSTC. Sounds nice.
Do they make a race tuner for the 07's besides the XL? I didnt see one.

AJ

·
Registered
41 Posts
B-Moody,
I have bought from Fuel Moto two times, would recomend them. Jamie seems like a stand up guy. Made several changes to the bike after buying, called him and he sent a map to work with my new set up. Still had it tuned locally when time permited.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info

B-Moody,
I have bought from Fuel Moto two times, would recomend them. Jamie seems like a stand up guy. Made several changes to the bike after buying, called him and he sent a map to work with my new set up. Still had it tuned locally when time permited.
:) thanks for the info that sounds good:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am running bassani header and megs. s.e. air filter and stage 1 download with no problems. only runnig 75 hp. and 90 lbs. torque on dyno. a/f mix.
is running from 14.5 to 13.5 waiting to see what will be out in the next few months as far as fuel management for the closed loop system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts