Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Huh! Never really noticed the mid-controls on the Dyna's before. Always thought that m/c's were only used on the Sporty and some v-rods. Learn something new everyday. I have them on my VRSCD but would change over to f/c's in a heartbeat if I didn't have forward road pegs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my wife has an 07 street bob. i put about 400 miles on it while waiting for my night rod special. it a great bike. only mods so far are engine guard and jiffy stand extender. pipes and fuel management are next.:D

·
Old, Tired, Ugly
128 Posts
I love my 03 Wide Glide dearly.....but

rode my buddies Street Bob last week......hell of a ride. Bigger engine and 6 speed make a hell of a difference!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,751 Posts
Got my '05 LowRider with mid controls about 3 months after straining my back, I was still having some discomfort from the back strain. I didn't really think much about the mid controls, even tho' I didn't care much for them.

After many rides, I was having numbness in my thighs, and cramp/spasm in my very lower back/butt cheeks, I was very afraid it was the back injury trying to keep me from getting into riding again.

Eventually decided it was entirely the mid controls, had forward controls installed and lived happily ever after.

BTW heel rests are truly the greatest addition to front controls, especially if you're not tall.

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,751 Posts
..only mods so far are engine guard and jiffy stand extender. pipes and fuel management are next.
I'd think hard about messing with engine management that gets better than 50 mpg on a 96" engine. There is no way you're going to improve on that kind of precision.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd think hard about messing with engine management that gets better than 50 mpg on a 96" engine. There is no way you're going to improve on that kind of precision.
SHE WANTS LOUD PIPES. CHANGE PIPES&AIR CLEANER MEANS IT WILL BECOME MORE LEAN THAN THE LEAN FACTORY TUNE=ADD FUEL I KNOW THE MPG WILL GO DOWN BUT IT ALSO WILL NOT RUN AS HOT

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an 07 'bob.Love it, but as yet no solution to my wanting to fit Vance & Hines sideshots, as the 07 European model has valves on the exhaust and airbox in order to comply with noise emissions and no-one seems to have an answer.Ribbed part of seat also showing strange peaks/bumps in the valley of the ribs!!!!Any comments!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I rode the 07 Bob on a recent demo day. Liked the bike except for the peg position. It seemed to be crying out for forward controls for my bod anyway. My lower back just didn't like the bar, peg, seat combo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Closed-loop System

Just Read My New Street Choper Mag Had A Bob Test Ride Thay Love It Thay Say The 07 Has Closed-loop System That Automatically Adjusts To Altitude And Performance Upgrades Like Pipes And Hi Flow Air Intake Filters Is This Right On If So This Is Good

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,751 Posts
"..The 07 Has Closed-loop System That Automatically Adjusts To Altitude And Performance Upgrades Like Pipes And Hi Flow Air Intake Filters.."
Now THAT'S what I been wanting to hear.
I'm sure this has been discussed in spades, somewhere, but I wish somebody
would help me find the quick answers. Does any aftermarket system offer a
closed loop, O2 sensor controlled fuel management system, like I suppose this
07 system must use. I would go to some serious trouble to make this happen.

If there was a need to show the power of this kind of fuel management technology,
the late model hot rod rice burner cars are making 600-800 hp with nitrous and/or turbo,
and about all that needs to be done for fuel control is provide injectors with enough flow
and pressure, the O2 controlled fuel management system is that good at adjusting
fuel flow to meet demand.

All these previous models need reprogramming to deal with a change of pipes?
Closed-loop systems, on cars at least, can deal with a 150 hp nitrous shot,
with no supplimental fuel added, and no lean burn condition. That's high tech!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now THAT'S what I been wanting to hear.
I'm sure this has been discussed in spades, somewhere, but I wish somebody
would help me find the quick answers. Does any aftermarket system offer a
closed loop, O2 sensor controlled fuel management system, like I suppose this
07 system must use. I would go to some serious trouble to make this happen.

If there was a need to show the power of this kind of fuel management technology,
the late model hot rod rice burner cars are making 600-800 hp with nitrous and/or turbo,
and about all that needs to be done for fuel control is provide injectors with enough flow
and pressure, the O2 controlled fuel management system is that good at adjusting
fuel flow to meet demand.

All these previous models need reprogramming to deal with a change of pipes?
Closed-loop systems, on cars at least, can deal with a 150 hp nitrous shot,
with no supplimental fuel added, and no lean burn condition. That's high tech!
daytona twin tec makes a true closed loop system including wide band o2 sensors that can adjust for more changes such as pipes and air cleaner. and beyond including big bore

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO THAT MEANS I CAN PUT ANY AFTERARKET PIPES ON AS LONG AS IT HAS O2 BUNG RIGHT OR MAKE ONE:confused: THATS WHAT STREET CHOPPER MAG SED I HOPE ITS RIGHT

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got a '07 Super Glide Custom - also with mid-controls. Spending too much money right now adding louder slip-ons, sissy bar, etc. but I do think forward controls are in my future. Especially now that I've added highway pegs and I like the ride much better in that position. That's a good interim solution though - highway pegs. I hear that Kuryaken (sp?) makes a good forward control kit as far as installation goes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Starting to try and get used to the same RB. I thought forwards were definitely a must have for me but, the more I ride and get used to the mids with the highway pegs, the more I like it just the way it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 streetbob owner and forwards are a must , kuryakyns set is perfect. looking to try sampson dragsters w/ powercamander controler and just changing the filter

·
Registered
365 Posts
Got my '05 LowRider with mid controls about 3 months after straining my back, I was still having some discomfort from the back strain. I didn't really think much about the mid controls, even tho' I didn't care much for them.

After many rides, I was having numbness in my thighs, and cramp/spasm in my very lower back/butt cheeks, I was very afraid it was the back injury trying to keep me from getting into riding again.

Eventually decided it was entirely the mid controls, had forward controls installed and lived happily ever after.

Wow, that is strange. The mid-controls are a Godsend for me. Because of my back issues (pretty severe) which effect my leg strength, the extra little kick it takes to get feet up and forward versus just up, makes a huge difference for me, especially when doing a lot of city riding (stop n go). I absolutely love the fact that I have mid-controls with forward highway pegs. It allows me to ride when I otherwise couldn't with forward controls.
When out on highway and not doing a ton of shifting, I can go back n forth between 5th and 6th (even fourth if hit a twisty section) with my heal from the highway peg. Also, I do ride on mids sometimes even when on highway due to the 'stretch' forward causing pain....
just shows to go ya, everyone is different and each injury is unique. Ride on Nathang!!!

·
Banned
709 Posts
I like the mid controls with iso boards and drag bars...
I have highway pegs but rarely use them ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts