Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding on 8 hour trip in the rain. When it cleared i noticed the cruise didnt work. ( I decided to let my local dealer handle it) Took it to the dealer and of course the cruise started working while enroute. Dealer said the TPS was bad and replaced it. Now the idle speed is all over the place. 2800, 1500, 1200. No difference if cold or hot. I can roll throttle forward and it idles steady at 1000. Dealer has had it for weeks now and still cant find problem. They reinstalled the map for the power vision this last time and it seemed to work, but now 50 miles away it started all over again.

Can the cruise module cause the high idle? Or is it 100% controlled by the ecm? I ask because while sitting at light holding the throttle forward to maintain 1000 rpm, I noticed the cruise light on the dash flashing orange and then green even though the dash switch was in off position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved! I read somewhere that the ECM can be reset using the ignition switch and a specific on-off routine. I did it and after 3 separate rides, the idle works as its supposed to.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Scoots can you give us specifics on how to set idle using the ignition switch. Too bad the dealership couldn't solve it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts