Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been chasing a problem with my 2007 ultra classic electra glide (flhtcu). The problem I am having is it will shut off while riding down the freeway. I coast to a stop, cycle the run and ignition switch and it starts back up and runs great. I purchased the motorcycle back in January and put approximately 1300 miles on it before this problem occurred for the first time. The bike has since had this problem everytime I ride it. It doesn't seem to happen when the weather is cool outside. I have read thru numerous forums and have spent alot time trying to research the cause. It seems that everyone says that the main cause in the touring bikes is the circut breaker, which sounds logical to me. My question I pose is I'm looking for help locating this, as it seems my bike does not have it in the typical locations. I have removed the gas tank, seat, battery, both side covers and saddle bags, front fairing cover and am having no luck. Any suggestions on where to look would be much appreciated.

I will attach some pictures of what my bike looks like with out the seat, side covers and gas tank on in case that helps.

·
Retired citizen
23,096 Posts
Your bike has a Maxi-Fuse not a breaker so it's not the fuse giving you problems. The Maxi-Fuse is inside the black holder on the left side by the fuse box, big orange 40A fuse.
That engine shut off when hot is a symptom for a failing CKP sensor.
Look to see if there's any stored DTC codes, the procedure is a DTC sticky in the electrical section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your bike has a Maxi-Fuse not a breaker so it's not the fuse giving you problems. The Maxi-Fuse is inside the black holder on the left side by the fuse box, big orange 40A fuse.
That engine shut off when hot is a symptom for a failing CKP sensor.
Look to see if there's any stored DTC codes, the procedure is a DTC sticky in the electrical section.
Thank you, I will look into the CKP sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts