Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
im not that impressed at all with the '08s...the 1250 motor isnt that much better than my 1130 (IMO), certainly not enough for me to be upset about it anyways. oh yeah....the fat bob is horrible...that dual headlight and rear fender make it look like a yami

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that dual headlight frontend is polarizing. Reading reports of affection for it. Reading reports of rejection as well. Does resemble the popular street fighter lamps of the Triumph Speed Triple. Perhaps H-D hopes to have some liking the Triumph to look over the fence at this bike.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Brembos, a 6-speed and a six-gallon gas tank... what's not to love!

I'll take an FLHTC in Screaming Yellow, please.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
ABS is a great thing to have. The Rocker is cool as sh*t. I am digging the Fat Bob. I would love to fatten up my front tire like that.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I think if that rocker had a different tank and a springer front end it wouldn't look half bad, that passenger seat would take some gettin used to but if I had one the tank would have to go and go with a springer :thumb:

edit: where's the thumbs up smiley???

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the new Nightrod wheels!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dual headlight on the Fat Bob looks Japanese to me. For the most part, I say the 08 lineup is nothing special over the 07, with exception of the 1250 add to the VRSC lineup. The big Brembo brakes ought to be standard on the touring bikes.

·
Liquid Cooled
13 Posts
Nuthin there to pry my wallet open.

I think that the MoCo made some nice, subtle changes, but I'll agree that it isn't enough to make me start over again. Harley is good about making improvements every year. They usually don't seem like much (1250cc in the VRSC), but they are usually working in features that were prototyped on a specific model, or could be found on the last CVO bike... often there is no overall increase in the cost of the bike. This year's anniversary models are the best I've seen in a long time.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
67 Posts
So what do you all think of the new 2008 H-D's... The Rocker, the Fat Bob, 1250cc in the VRSC's, ABS, steering dampers, paint, etc.?

The Rocker's lines from front to back... they start off ok, decent looking rake added, flows well into the bars, tank/backbone, and then that rear wheel looks like an afterthought. Rocker C, with that floating two up seat.... 'yuck' is the nicest comment I can think of. Bobber style 'attempted custom' frame that when all wrong in the 'end'. Taller bars, low profile spring seat, separate P pad on the rear fender with discreet and tasteful low back rest and you might have something.

Fat Bob, like the 'thickness' in the overall look. Not too fascinated by the dual headlight, but its not a complete turn-off either. Again an issue with the rear fender though... looks like an extended version of the traditional Softail 'dovetail' fender. Not much thought put into the tail end in my opinion. Rest of it I'd rate 'fair'.

1250cc V-Rods, I will admit that I've never really liked the looks of the V-Rod. Yes I know, kind of a taboo thing to say around these parts, but hell, I'm not going to lie about it. I don't have to like the looks of the bike to admire the engine. Liquid cooled masterpiece in 1130cc's, so add another 120cc's and you've got something very awesome.

ABS, honestly scares the hell out of me on a bike. I'm certainly accustomed to classic rides and riding style, however I'm very surprised this hasn't really caught on in the past as it has with most other vehicles. Guess it was only a matter of time.

Steering dampers, not surprised here either. Added adjustible stability, more of a luxury addition in some senses. Not bad though.

Paint, a few new colors have been added, and many I've posted on my website as they've become available to me. I really like the adjustments HD has made in the quality of their paints over the years. The urethanes are easy to use, very durable and pleasing on the eyes in the end result. Now if only HD touch-up packages worked as well as their bases and tops, I might actually have some competition in refinish work...:cool:

Badger

·
COB
1,984 Posts
1250cc V-Rods, I will admit that I've never really liked the looks of the V-Rod.

Paint, a few new colors have been added, . Now if only HD touch-up packages worked as well as their bases and tops, I might actually have some competition in refinish work...:cool:

Badger
Before I owned my present Vrod I was an aircooled guy for many years and many bikes. Now when I go into the dealership all the bikes look so outdated compared the the VRSC line. Don't get me wrong, I still want a Road King all sortsa bad, but they just all look old now to me.

As far as the paint goes, I noticed that the Vrod paint is not near the quality of the paint on the rest of the line. I wonder what's up with that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts