Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Steve
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother in law is learning to ride. He has taken a Motorcycle Safety course and obtained his license. He tried a Road King as his first bike however felt it was too much for him. He now wants to look a the Nightster and has been looking around for a nice used one. I saw this one on San Francisco's Craigs list. I don't know what they are selling for. Any opinions on the price?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/515229662.html

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. If everything is the way the seller says it is. The only thing is what size is your brother inlaw? Is it nerves or his size that makes him want the sportster? Size doesnt change but nerves usually calm down leaving you wanting a larger bike. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Steve
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a great deal. If everything is the way the seller says it is. The only thing is what size is your brother inlaw? Is it nerves or his size that makes him want the sportster? Size doesnt change but nerves usually calm down leaving you wanting a larger bike. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
He is on the small side maybe 5'7" and probably 165 pounds. He felt that the road king was too heavy for him to control at slow speeds. I sent him the craigs list link. It seems like a good deal to me.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
He is on the small side maybe 5'7" and probably 165 pounds. He felt that the road king was too heavy for him to control at slow speeds. I sent him the craigs list link. It seems like a good deal to me.

Thanks for your response.
Test drive, test drive, test drive.
Practice, practice, practice.

I've owned a Sportster, a V-Rod and now a Road King Classic. IMHO from worst to best low speed handling they are just in the order written and the V and RKCl beat out the Sportster by far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts