Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I Am A New Member And My First Question.i Have A 2008 Road King Classic And Rode It All Summer. I Found That I Was Reaching Forward To Get A Good Position On The Handle Bars. This Was Causing Great Discomfort To My Back. I Am Short In Stature 5'6 Which Doesn't Help. Does Anyone Have Any Ideas For More Comfortable Handlebars So I Won't Have To Reach Ahead So Far. Thanks, Bakhache

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Hello, I Am A New Member And My First Question.i Have A 2008 Road King Classic And Rode It All Summer. I Found That I Was Reaching Forward To Get A Good Position On The Handle Bars. This Was Causing Great Discomfort To My Back. I Am Short In Stature 5'6 Which Doesn't Help. Does Anyone Have Any Ideas For More Comfortable Handlebars So I Won't Have To Reach Ahead So Far. Thanks, Bakhache
I think you might just loosen and adjust to a better postion. If not I
would go to a dealer look at their rack of handlebars. Get your actual hands on different types.

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
Harley also makes a seat called the "Reach Seat".. made for height challenged folks like us. Its designed to move your butt closer forward and allow your legs more room close in the middle. I didnt need one on my 2008 Ultra, but I have a friend that put one on his RK.. had good things to say about it.. hope that helps..

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I'm sorry for taking so long to see this, but hopefully better late than never. I loved the Sundowner Solo Seat and did not want a reduced reach seat, so instead had the Heritage bars installed. They did the trick. Just make sure to sit on the bike while the tech adjusts them to your liking. It will save a potential trip or two back to have them adjusted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On a 2008, if you do not have ABS, there are lots of handle bars that you can choose from the catalog, and that would help you feel more comfy..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a great pair of 1 1/4 beach bars that would work great, want 65.00 cost much more. I'm 6 ft, to long for me. Tom 602 463-2919

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Just remember your 08 has fly by wire throttle, if you change the handlebars make sure the new ones work with FBW

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just remember your 08 has fly by wire throttle, if you change the handlebars make sure the new ones work with FBW
And its really fun running the wiring though the bars on the FBW
It was the hardest thing of the bar swap to me

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have you considered the HD Reach seat?

Reach® Seat

Designed specifically for riders requiring a close to the bar riding position, this seat positions the rider approximately 1" forward, closer to the hand and foot controls. The narrow front profile brings your legs closer together to help you plant your feet firmly on the ground. The seat features a textured vinyl insert and a "Bar & Shield" logo that shows you are riding in style.

The seat swap is likely easier than swapping out your handle bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts