Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New Owner
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a little patience -- I'm a first-time Harley owner and new to the forum. I'm looking for a solo seat for my 2008 Road King. I found out the hard way that a 07 seat won't fit. The Harley parts catalogue only shows a Sundowner for 07 and earlier. After purchasing my new baby on a soldier's pay, funds are low. I recently returned from 14+ months in Baghdad. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Ranger,

First off, thank you for your service to us and our Country!!! I have a new 08 RKC and am in the same boat as you. Best bet is to look at a Mustang seat. We'll made and you can add a backrest in the future as funds are available. I love my sundowner seat on the Sportster and Softail Deluxe in the 2 up version. Will come maybe this or next year from Harley I'm told in Solo version like for the 07. Mustang seat is leather and from all that I've talked with say after they break them in (short time) they just LOVE them. They are a HEAVY seat on a steel pan. I have the 105th aniver. edition and will keep the stock seat I believe because of the copper leather tooling. If I don't, it will be a Mustang solo. Hope that helps some. Here's the Mustang site for RKing seats
http://mustangseats.com/roadking97/roadking2008.shtml

·
Registered
27 Posts
+2 on Mustang seat

I just acquired (I LOVE EBAY) the Mustang 2 piece day tripper. Love the seat plus I love it more because I got a brand new seat at a 1/4 of the price. Lowers the ride about 1" and the seat is really really firm but contoured nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts