Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I have a friend with a 2008 Softail Deluxe. I was installing a Zumo 660 GPS with the Garmin cradle. I ran the cable under the tank along the left side of the frame, I have not connected anything electrical. I did unbolt the tank to manipulate it to run the cables but did not remove it. I have the tank bolted down and for S&G I fired it up. It is now idling incredibly high when I start it. I did not let it run for fear I might have done something. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
Did you happen to zip tie the the cable to the throttle cable cause that will do it. I had the same issue when I installed my go pro to the handle bars on my snowmobile. Installed the clamp around the bars with the throttle cable in the clamp,cause my idle to go to 4000 rpm. Removed the clamp and the idle went back to normal. Undo all of your zip ties on the garmin and see if it changes.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Did you happen to zip tie the the cable to the throttle cable cause that will do it. I had the same issue when I installed my go pro to the handle bars on my snowmobile. Installed the clamp around the bars with the throttle cable in the clamp,cause my idle to go to 4000 rpm. Removed the clamp and the idle went back to normal. Undo all of your zip ties on the garmin and see if it changes.
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
Take a look at the throttle cables on the throttle body cable guide, might have unseated a cable and it stuck on top of the guide instead of in the slot.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the connectors on the induction module came unplugged. Probably when I was routing cables. Reconnecting it cured the issue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts