Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave it to Harley to totally screw up one of the few unique bikes they have come out with in years. The whole essence of the FXDF was the dark, moody look. Now with this abomination they have produced they went right back to the tried-and-true Harley scheme of chroming everything in site.

I'm sure the geezers will love to coat it in fringe, conchos, and windshields.

:mad::mad::stac::bash:

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,197 Posts
Needs a 7" headlight.

Yeah I agree it's overdone.

I wish somebody with a K&N filter would do an experiment, mount a real dirty one on top of a big jar, and put a good shop vac on another fitting on the jar and get a good suction going thru the dirty filter, and hose it down like riding in a driving rain would do, I'll bet money the dirt goes thru the filter into the jar. I have washed K&N filers by hosing them down, it's messy but doesn't remove all of the oil, and I'm almost sure that dirt will go right thru the filter when loosened and mobilized with water, I don't think K&N is really a barrier, it is a maze and sticky trap for dirt particles. I think when a filter gets washed by riding in a driving rain, the dirt goes right into the engine.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sure would look nice with about four inches of black fringe all the way round the seat hanging over that yellow paint and some 12 inch yellow and black streamers hanging off the grips. Too bad it dont have floor boards for more fringe.:stickpoke
Absolutely!:notw: But even then one would still need plenty of "Live To Ride- Ride To Live" baubles attached wherever possible. Throw in a new set of Harley-Davidson leather properly aged by running a couple hours in the dryer and one would be Bad To The Bone:wink:

And thinking about it, wide white wall tires with a big assed front fender woudn't be a bad idea either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts