Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I’ve had this Harley for a few years now and just noticed this leak, it’s not leaking from my primary cover but from the Backside of the primary tower I believe. ( I believe it’s not leaking but perhaps “ wheeping “ atm )

My bike only has 24k miles, I was wondering if you guys had any ideas where it could be leaking as I’m not 100% sure, it appeared “ moist “ on the upper right side of the photo but it’s hard to get a photo of the angel,

Any thoughts ? I’ll try and upload another photo later if needed.

Another photo added

This is where is appears to be moist

·
Just Ride
3,204 Posts
Clean it and ride. Could have come from a oil change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 786131

I’ve had this Harley for a few years now and just noticed this leak, it’s not leaking from my primary cover but from the Backside of the primary tower I believe. ( I believe it’s not leaking but perhaps “ wheeping “ atm )

My bike only has 24k miles, I was wondering if you guys had any ideas where it could be leaking as I’m not 100% sure, it appeared “ moist “ on the upper right side of the photo but it’s hard to get a photo of the angel,

Another photo added

View attachment 786133

View attachment 786131

Another photo added

View attachment 786133

My primary had a leak like that too, it needed a new gasket and, like in your first photo, that same bolts threads were leaking. So that was retapped. The “moist” part again, my experience, could be another bad gasket spot. Maybe? Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your feedback guys. I’m going to ride and clean it until winter and maybe crack open my primary for a new gasket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shift shaft O Ring? That was what mine was last season. I rode it like that until it was too cold out to ride and then replaced it. The O Ring is not hard to replace. It does suck to ride knowing that it's leaking though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Momule, I do know for sure that the shift shaft o ring on the left side of the primary does “ weep “ but I was able to remedy that with some grey silicon I believe I put that over it and it covers the plug and doesn’t leak anymore. I’m going to ride it until it’s to cold and do some work before next season.

Y’all are extremely helpful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts