Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... new to the forum. I'm ready to order a 2009 Fat Boy and kinda interested in the 'Flame Blue Pearl', but would like to see some photos other than the HD studio pics.

On the HD site, the darker studio pics look awesome. The brighter 'outdoors' pics make it look like a very light blue.

Anyone got this model already? If so, could you post some pics for me?

DJ

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I have a deep maroon Fat Bob. The paint looks bitchin when it is not in direct sunlight, more red in the sun. Probably the same for the blue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have the soft tail custom in the blue and silver (pewter)
and i can tell you this, its a real true blue. it is indeed bright in the light, and the metalic stands out in the sun. in the showroom pics and online it doesnt look like anything special. in fact when i went to order mine, i originaly wanted the black pearl..but i seen this one sitting in the show room under a few spot lights. long story short, i made a change of plans..in fact, i went for a nice long ride on the new HD that night :ride

·
Registered
20 Posts
thats a sharp looking bike man. that looks like the pearl blue perhaps. wow..i like that alot!

deejay61, im going on a ride tomorrow..ill try and get some shots up for you to check out as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
thats a sharp looking bike man. that looks like the pearl blue perhaps. wow..i like that alot!

deejay61, im going on a ride tomorrow..ill try and get some shots up for you to check out as well.
Thanks RD thinking bout a flame job maybe even a trip to Strokers in Texas for some Fairless Magic and a set of apes and a bore kit..
Maybe I will just be honest and say I am saving for the big radius pipes and a tune:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys thanks a lot for your responses.

Tude: I'm sure your 08 blue is not the flame blue pearl, but it's pretty awesome. I'd go for that too if I found it.

RottweilHD: If you could get some shots, that would be great! I'm living in Italy and think the 09 stuff won't be here for another 3 or 4 weeks. I might get to one of the big European shows in Cologne, Germany next month. If so, I'll see it there. It's just that I'm keen to have one in my garage before the winter, you know?

Anyway, thanks all.

DJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
her ya go, they arent the best shots. im not much of a photographer, the dam sun kept going in on me. but i think you can get the idea from these hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way... RottweilHD, that's great. If that's 'Flame Blue Pearl', I'm sold!
That's awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to get that for me.
I have no idea how it'll happen, by I owe you a beer!

DJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flame Blue

man that new flame blue is a bad ass color the pics dont do it any justice...If any one out there knos the paint code for the flame blue plz lemme kno..im Re-doin my sporty an would like to paint it that same color..thanks...

·
Registered
20 Posts
No way... RottweilHD, that's great. If that's 'Flame Blue Pearl', I'm sold!
That's awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to get that for me.
I have no idea how it'll happen, by I owe you a beer!

DJ
hey my pleasure man. but yep..thats the flame blue alright. ill tell ya what, ill down an extra cold one tonight and call it even! :cheers:

ahh Sporty883 ill check it out and see if i can round up some numbers for you. it may take me a day or so, but we'll see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys thanks a lot for your responses.

Tude: I'm sure your 08 blue is not the flame blue pearl, but it's pretty awesome. I'd go for that too if I found it.

RottweilHD: If you could get some shots, that would be great! I'm living in Italy and think the 09 stuff won't be here for another 3 or 4 weeks. I might get to one of the big European shows in Cologne, Germany next month. If so, I'll see it there. It's just that I'm keen to have one in my garage before the winter, you know?

Anyway, thanks all.

DJ
Thanks
I don't know what blue it is but I haven't seen where you can order the same paint:confused:
Rott that is one nice looking ST

·
Registered
20 Posts
thank you sir! always appreciated. im still looking for those numbers for Sporty883..i made a couple calls, hopefully ill hear something by the end of the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Deejay,

hey bro, i didnt forget your paint numbers. so far ive come up dry :(
i cant find the code anywhere on the bike, my dealer says they arent available yet, personally i just think they dont want to share the info yet. and the two other options i was looking into 1 being a paint man i know, he says all he can do at this point is try and match it up, and the second was directly with HD..which i have yet to hear back from.

im sorry man i really tried to hook ya up. maybe in a month or so they wont be so damn stingy with their info, unless soeone else here knows something i dont. anyway, if i do find something out ill be sure and let you know ASAP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 flame pearl blue fatboy

deejay i also am getting one i ordered it a few months ago in flame pearl blue. i saw one in person it is GORGEOUS! i also got the chrome wheel option. here some pics of an actual bike just coming out of the crate. hope this helps
the 2009 flame pearl blue is better than the similar but DIFERENT 2008 pacific pearl blue. it is a bit lighter, but looks sparklier in the sun..

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey DJ,

I just picked up my new 2009 Fat Boy on Saturday April 18th. I don't know if this is the color you are buying or not but here are some pictures of mine. The blue looks like it is a pearl color type of paint and they call it Black and Blue Ice. But I don't see any black. I see Purple and it changes to blue in the sunlight. Good luck and keep the gas going.

Dwain

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I think TUDE's bike is Luxury blue. Looks like the same color as my 03 softtail. Wish HD offerd the flame blue pearl in 03,I would have orderd it for mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got the flame blue 09 fat boy.im new at all this havent learned to get photos on here yet.the blue is just a bit darker than a keystone beer can. the color is great.i like it.not much help but maybe alittle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts