Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 HD Lo-Rider. I have some noise coming from the rear brakes. I was looking at the rear caliper and when I pushed it. I noticed it moves up and down. Is this what's called a floating caliper? Or is there a problem? Just bought the bike and it only had 4000 miles on it. I looked at my Road King and the rear caliper doesn't move on it.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
What Nipplesurfer said.

Have never heard of floating calipers on a Harley.
Floating rotors? Yes. But do not know if the are OEM or only aftermarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the bolts are there. And they are all tight. Crazy I push down on it and it moves. I pulled one bolt out. And its like a big cylinder with a torx head. Looks like it allows the caliper to move on it. Only has two bolts and both made the same way. Then one bolt goes thru the tab on the calipers.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Thanks it all checks out. Nothing missing so it must be a floating caliper on this model.
Could be dead wrong on this. Have been before.
But am not aware of floating calipers being OEM for Harleys. Only floating rotors.

However I do see click>Brembo appears to offer the upgrade.

If only for future maintenance needs I would try to track down what you have just to be sure.
Or. A more knowledgeable Member will come along and correct me.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Could be dead wrong on this. Have been before.
But am not aware of floating calipers being OEM for Harleys. Only floating rotors.

However I do see click>Brembo appears to offer the upgrade.

If only for future maintenance needs I would try to track down what you have just to be sure.
Or. A more knowledgeable Member will come along and correct me.
Did you not look at the exploded view ???????????

It FLOATS on the bolts . :kiss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts