Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2009 Road Glide Custom with 17,000 on it. Not happy with the windshield due to all the wind and the mirrors do not allow me to see behind me at all. If I just look in the mirror all I see is my arms and yes they are adjusted correctly. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any mirrors you would recommend for that particular bike. What about a windshield that will actually stop the wind?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
There is a Road Glide specific forum you may want to check, there is a lot of info on RGs there.
First of all the stock handlebars are not that comfortable IMO and I changed them out for the Heritage Style handlebars HD PN 56902-08, these bars will raise up 2 inchs and pull back 2 inches and the grip angle is different the OEM bars. The Heritage style bars will put the mirrors up higher and that makes them more useful.
I changed to a Windvest windshield and I like it and it helps with wind management.
Most of the wind you get is from down below and the best way to cut that wind down is with fairing lowers.

·
Just Ride
3,264 Posts
Roadglide.org is the forum to join. Stay away from Harley windshields, they suck. Personally I have a National Wave 8 1/2. Stock bars also suck. You can put up to a 10 rise without changing wires and cables. Road 6 Custom 9" are the bars I went to. Now go to new members section and introduce yourself. I see you're on that forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts