Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Wide glides all done...like Longo said, replaced by the fatbob..The custom softail & wideglide were so close in looks, they discontinued & came out w/ the fatbob, WHOLE NEW LOOK..

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
The last full production model year for the Dyna Wide Glide was the 2007 model year; the bike was offered in a 105th Anniversary Edition only for the 2008 model year. When the Softail Custom came out, that pretty much was the handwriting on the wall as far as the Wide Glide goes. I was working at the dealership in sales when the Custom came out, and I had a chance to ride both bikes. IMHO, the Wide Glide is more comfortable because the pegs were further forward and lower down than the Custom.

I always liked the Wide Glide, and hope that one day Harley brings it back.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
R.I.P Wideglide-rest In Peace

·
Registered
283 Posts
The last full production model year for the Dyna Wide Glide was the 2007 model year; the bike was offered in a 105th Anniversary Edition only for the 2008 model year. When the Softail Custom came out, that pretty much was the handwriting on the wall as far as the Wide Glide goes. I was working at the dealership in sales when the Custom came out, and I had a chance to ride both bikes. IMHO, the Wide Glide is more comfortable because the pegs were further forward and lower down than the Custom.

I always liked the Wide Glide, and hope that one day Harley brings it back.
Ditto on the above. I thought the Softail was a little crowded seems like you don't have the same streched out feeling.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
The last full production model year for the Dyna Wide Glide was the 2007 model year; the bike was offered in a 105th Anniversary Edition only for the 2008 model year.
Just curious.....but if it was offered in 2008, wouldn't the last year of production be 2008, not 2007?

http://www.milehigh-harley.com/newbikes/2008_Harley_Davidson_Dyna_Bikes/FXDWG_Dyna_Wide_Glide.php

It was certianly in the 2008 line up.... Yes it ONLY came in the 105th anniversery colors, but it was available, none the less.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts