Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New rider here. Just bought my first street motorcycle, a 2009 Sportster 1200 Low in Redhot Sunglo. Just like my dad's first 76 Sportster 1000! I've spent the last few days since my purchase putting on accessories (highway pegs, grips, windshield, sissy bar). I'm really hoping to buy some slip-ons in the next week or two but have heard awful things about the new Screamin eagle's. Ive heard they are nothing like the SE II's. I want something thats going to give my bike a good extra kick, but something that's going to sound nice and loud too. Any feelings on the subject? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
i love my V&H short shots one mine loud and sound soooo good, your not gonna get a whole lotta kick outta pipes plus the V&H can be had for about 300ish.... congrats on your new purchase

·
Junber Memior
9 Posts
I just purchased Samson Big Guns II, which can be found on ebay on a regular basis for around 300. No, kick, but after firing it up, it sounded so good that I had to go to the bathroom and clean myself up. And as long as you don't drop a nut that vanishes, it is a fairly straight-forward install.

·
Most Wanted
534 Posts
I have the V&H shortshots and have been pleased with them as well. The downside is that everyone has em. If I had it to do over again, I would seriously look at the Bassani Pro Streets. Do a search on youtube under Harley exhausts and you will see and hear many different exhausts to help you make your choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. New rider here. Just bought my first street motorcycle, a 2009 Sportster 1200 Low in Redhot Sunglo. Just like my dad's first 76 Sportster 1000! I've spent the last few days since my purchase putting on accessories (highway pegs, grips, windshield, sissy bar). I'm really hoping to buy some slip-ons in the next week or two but have heard awful things about the new Screamin eagle's. Ive heard they are nothing like the SE II's. I want something thats going to give my bike a good extra kick, but something that's going to sound nice and loud too. Any feelings on the subject? Thanks in advance!
I just bought Hooker Troublemaker exhaust direct from the manufacturer at 75% off. Cant beat the price and they look and sound wickid..

Attachments

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
^^^^ those are sexy looking and your bike is nice to wish my sporty looked like that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts