Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a 2010 Electra Glide Police Monday , Was owned buy elderly gentleman that passed away from cancer and his daughter is selling it to me. My question is if Taken care of is 54k miles high ? I have heard those are good for 100k if maintained is that true ? Just want to know before Monday just found out about bike today and it is a really really good deal can't pass it up.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
My 2011 103' motor has 40k plus on it, and runs like a Singer..... if maintained properly, you should be fine. Any maintenance records available?? If not, just pull the dipsticks, and just look at the "condition" of the oil, give it a smell if needed. If it's black and smells burnt, not a good sign....for ANY machine. :laugh

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
For the right price I'd say follow his advice and go for it. Older guy probably didnt ride it hard when he rode, most of the miles I would say may have been service miles, which most Police Dept try to maintain their vehicles pretty good cuz they don't have a budget to buy alot of new.... mileage will have a factor in the price. And as soon as you get it I would check the cam tensioners, just to be safe. Thats the only fail point that I have heard of at that mileage.

·
Just Ride
3,850 Posts
66k on my 2010 RGC. Runs better than new. Didn't see where it was a police owned bike. A brother has one and the main problem has been compensator sprocket,three done under warranty. It's got 40k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts