Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway to adjust the stock kickstand or is there an aftermarket one i can buy? Seems like when i park on a slight incline my bike was to roll...This is my first big bike so is this normal?
Thanks,

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You mean roll down hill? If so leave it in gear and make sure you are at the maximum roll out before you lean the bike over.

There is no kickstand that will completely overcome gravity.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
The bike will roll a few inches until the jiffy stand locks in (they all do it). It's tough to not reflex reach out to catch it, but don't worry, Harley jiffy stands are REAL strong.

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Wow...I feel stupid. Never thought of leaving it in gear...*Facepalm
Use your foot plant the kickstand make sure its down all the way as you lean it over and bike stops moving. I do it every time & in gear. Ride Safe

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Its the one thing I just cant get used to.
LOL! Me either. I always look down there and say "fuuuuu...". Always seems like it's gonna fold up.

Ronnie

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Freaking out on the kickstand setup is normal. Did it in 84 with my first Harley. After over 13 years you would think I`d get used to it.
But was even more paranoid when I got my 98 FLHT. Was sure it was going over on several occasions. Never did.
As said. Leave it in gear. Make sure it has rolled forward to a stop. Using you foot be sure the kickstand is in it`s locked position. Bike won`t go anywhere.
As loose as it may feel I have laid on my bikes using this technique. Even with my added weight and some gear in the bags and a bedroll on the handlebars neither bike ever went anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts