Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of looking at a 2010 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom for sale. But before I go I wanted to ask for your opinions and I have a few questions.
The Sportster for sale is in Nova Scotia Canada and has 645km on it. The bike is all stock and has stock exhaust pipes and is black in colour.

My question is about the front 21 inch skinny tire, is there any concerns I should have with such a skinny front wheel on the highway? What about stability? I am 69 years old and am 5 foot 7 inches tall and weigh 163 pounds, can I handle this bike? I hope it's not too heavy for me. And are there any known mechanical or needed repair issues on the 2010 Sportster that I need to know about?

The reason I wanted to look at the 2010 is because I think that's the last model year for the Sportster before Harley went with the 130/90-16 front tire and I like the looks of the 21 incher, but want the bike to be stable when going 115 kmph on the highway.

Thanks
tom

·
red sport.
382 Posts
twowheelstom, you didn't say what kind of experience you had, that is what I got, I like mine got almost 29,000 on it. I started riding when I was 72, (79 now)now I weigh 165 lb. 6ft. in 2008, started out on Hyosung 250 then to a Yamaha T-Max 500 then in April of 2011 I bought the Sportster. only issues mechanical was the gas cap they had to do something to the threads. (warranty) as far as the skinner front tire the only problem I've notice is when they grove the hi-way before paving you have to be careful. I would like to have the newer 1 with the big tire thou because it don't have a tube. if I ever had a flat I would have to call for a tow. fastest I've mine was 95 MPH on problems. in all it handles good to me..

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
I have a 21" wheel on my NightTrain, and I may have gone well in excess of 115 kmh/70 mph, no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts