Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Dallas folks,

just got an Electra Glide Ultra Limited.
looking to upgrade the stock sound system with something that fits the existing space. I-need more power.
both in out put and speakers.
would a 400 watt amp get it done?
Want to cruise at 90 with a full face helmet and still hear great sound

·
Registered
348 Posts
No you won't hear it 800x4 amp is ideal if you have lowers and get the highest spl rating speaker that your wallet can handle.I have 6.5 PRV'S in the fairing & lowers and some mb quart tweeters from previously speakers I had put in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you won't hear it 800x4 amp is ideal if you have lowers and get the highest spl rating speaker that your wallet can handle.I have 6.5 PRV'S in the fairing & lowers and some mb quart tweeters from previously speakers I had put in.
If I’m reading this right, six speakers are attainable. Two in the faring, two in the leg fairings, and two in the seat back. It looks like I have 5 1/2 inch openings in the faring.
thx for the advice

·
Registered
348 Posts
They make 5 1/4 to 61/2 rings for the fairing,tour pack stick with 5 1/4 speakers a really good line level if your keeping stock radio to add amps with built in Cross over. The stock speaker & radio is 2 ohms out put if you're changing radio look for the highest preamp output 3v to 5v sony has one I used BT7000.
I've changed my system 3 times happy with the end result .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,
You sound like an expert in this area brother.
May I ask what you’ve put on your bike that you’re happy with.

I’d like to upgrade the whole package.
In a perfect world 6 speakers and enough power to accomplish the task.

I’d like the new unit to have Bluetooth as well. I’d be grateful for and recommendations. My budget including install is around $1500

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well that's what I thought also when got my ultra classic $1500 .00 . Hanging around people that has a better system on there bikes and knowing your system can be better. Look on YouTube to get ideas
,where you want to install the amp in fairing or in saddlebags my 3rd and last amp $450.00 the tramps are really good for the price, use OFC
4ga,8ga power wires and OFC 14 or 12 ga speaker wires,RCA's ,good set of coaxial speakers, connectors heat shrink,solder wires,tesla tape and I have pics on this site on my system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts