Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum, I would like to get some ideas on what works best for air cleaner kits. I own a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. I am looking into a screamin eagle stage one kit, kuryakyn kit. I have, possibly a silly question about changing from the stock air cleaner, in the rain if the air filter is exposed, I have heard the motor could be compromised and possibly ruined if filter gets wet... I understand though the more air the motor gets the better the performance. I have vance and hine 4 1/2" slip ons also...suggestions and ideas would be awesome... Thanks...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had an open filter (Arlen Ness Big sucker)with a rain sock and it sucked in water during a storm after that I put a cover over it no more problems after that.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I have a stage one arlen ness big sucker and it uses the stock oval cover. It flows good and never had problems sucking water since its using the stock cover. There is no back plate so it gets all the air needed, and with the new 103 and 4" rinehart slipons and fl-xieds, it runs great, the xieds are only about $100 and really simple to install. No popping and good throttle response. And i still get 40+ mpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts