Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 streetglide with the factory air shocks and find them to be unsatisfactory. Most of the people i have met have the same complaint. It is a hassle when the weather changes to have to adjust them. Bike rides excellent in cold weather terrible in hot. I was wondering if anyone else had changed them out to old style spring shocks. Any feed back on this would be valuable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are these air shocks? I am trying to completely trying to get away from them. I have had other bikes and they rode way better than this. I bought this bike thinking I was getting a cadillac. I bought it in february when the weather was still cold and when it got hot that summer I had a totally different bike. When I rode two people on it it bottomed out so hard it dented in my exhaust mufflers. I found the whole thing of every time I ride having to adjust the pressure aggravating.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Take a look at progressive's web site. They are not air and they are a great change out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hagons Shocks

I did some looking guys and I found where Hagon makes several sets for the streetglide. Real good reviews on people who put them on. Made in uk sold in america. Jp cycles show many sets for the streetglide. I cannot understand why harley would put such an inferior part on a 20,000.00 dollar motorcycle.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Cause they are cheap ass's...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay gentlemen now for another issue. What kind of programmer can I put on this thing to wake it up. Really would like to get more power out of it. It feels like it is governed down, top speed only 116. Looking for something to really wake it up, not worried about fuel economy.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ohlins HD 159 are the same jump you get from stock to a really basic high priced progressive 970.. 909 retail. on the Ohlins the new remote progressive is nothing to get excited over other than the cost. Ohlins also has the remote set up as well ( I feel that the 159 rides better but some think if you have a remote it must be better) HD 927
Harley-HD shocks and suspension by Öhlins

1 - 12 of 12 Posts