Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine & battery light was on. I replaced the battery and the check engine & battery light were still on. I rode bike approx. 70 miles and turned it off. When I went to start it again, it would just click. I let it sit for a while and tried again and it started. I rode for approx. 1 mile and the radio, dash lights and speedometer quit working. I tried to speed up and there was nothing so I pulled off the road. It idled for a while and then quit. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it the regulator or alternator or something else?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Quite possible it's the alternator or regulator. It sounds like you ran on battery power with the new battery, till it got too low. You need to read the code OR next time you get it started, put a meter on the battery + & - posts to see what's going in, if any.

·
Banned
71 Posts
My check engine & battery light was on. I replaced the battery and the check engine & battery light were still on. I rode bike approx. 70 miles and turned it off. When I went to start it again, it would just click. I let it sit for a while and tried again and it started. I rode for approx. 1 mile and the radio, dash lights and speedometer quit working. I tried to speed up and there was nothing so I pulled off the road. It idled for a while and then quit. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it the regulator or alternator or something else?
Or something as simple as a FUSE .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts